Tuesday, June 7, 2011

An Unregrettable Day

III

I am exhausted. In the last 24 hours I have fished and fished bobbers and hooks out of tackle eating bushes. I have hiked and spent precious moments attempting to skip stones across a previously placid pond. I have roasted marshmallows, hot dogs, pinecones, and any other unfortunate object that happened to be found. I have read 3 chapters of Fudgeamania and watched 5 episodes of Tom and Jerry. I have not had a drink! Believe me, by the third Tom and Jerry I could have used one. But I didn't. Yesterday is a day in which I have no regrets, no shame. My grandson got the grandma he deserves. I am very proud of myself. And I am as buoyant as a bobber (not the one that still adorns the branches of the tackle eating bush) I can have more of these days. Lots more. It's all up to me.

Sorry to cut this short but the fish are biting.

So today I'm out there doing best to stay out of the branches and not hook any regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment