Sunday, June 19, 2011

Glory Days



It's not even 6 am yet and I have my headphones on and Bruce Sprinsteen's "River" cd in my media player. All of a sudden it's 1982 again and I'm a young mother, living in a shitty, drafty old house, dipping and swaying across the scuffed wood floors to "Drive All Night" with my one year old son in my arms. "Cadillac Ranch" comes on and I set him down on the floor and we both start strumming our air guitars and jumping around the room.
R.I.P. Big Man. Thank you for all those times you and your wonderful music lifted my heart and took me places I wanted to go at times when it felt like I was going nowhere. Thank you for the joy and the sorrow you made me feel..
So today I'm out there doing my best not to "Fade Away" and keep "Dancing in the Dark".
I think "Glory Days" are ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment