Wednesday, June 15, 2011

I Need A Plan




Of the 1000's of obstacles that somehow find their way into your life to test you, none is greater than the fear of inadequacy in overcoming them.

2 weeks of abs'ing under my belt. Again. I joined the mmabsers http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/mmabsers/ board yesterday. This is a board dedicated to people who are considering abs on a long term or permanent basis. I went through the usual newbie protocol and introduced myself and said that I was considering permanent ab'sing but, at this time, I am undertaking a project that is very important to me and I knew I had to abs long term for it to be successful. A member wrote back to welcome me and said he also had an important project that required abs'ing to be successful. The project was himself. That really struck a chord with me.
Now I have been involved in many projects in my professional life and I was very involved with the toy drive in my little village in Mexico last year. Most people would say I'm a take charge (some would say take over), get things done girl. I detest sitting around discussing things to death, I want action. I had never thought of myself as a project. Wow! This is a concept I can grasp. I'm going to start on an outline today. It will include areas of my life such as health, spirituality, relationships, self-concept, dreams… There will be goals and deadlines, of course. The hard part comes in between, the steps or plan I will follow to reach the goals and meet the deadlines. This will be a perpetual plan because I'll keep reassessing and adding on. And of course, I'll share it. I'm excited.
Sorry Alcohol, got no room in my life for you today.
So today I'm out there doing my best to not keep procrastinating living the life I want and kicking the shit out of those obstacles.

No comments:

Post a Comment