Friday, June 17, 2011

One Is One Too Much And One More Is Never Enough



Ain't that the truth! I was watching Kenny Chesney on Today this morning and the title of this blog is a lyric in his new song. That boy sure does do a lot of singin' about drinkin'.
We are meeting up with some friends, Phyllis and Not Phyllis (Neil) from the Bahamas today. They are in Denver so we're going to meet in Frisco for the BBQ Cook-Off. It will be so good to see them and catch up. We had so many good times together.
Every Saturday night in Hope Town a bunch of us cruisers would head to Sea Spray Resort to party and dance the night away to the Islanders band. We always called ahead for a van to pick us up at the Post Office Dock but half the time they forgot to send one. We would take off walking across island but it wouldn't be long before we'd hitch a ride on a golf cart going our way. The gals squeezed into the back seat and the guys hanging off the back. A couple of us would have to jump off when we were going uphill. We'd get to Sea Spray, have a few drinks and kick off our shoes, if we had any on, and dance like fools. About 1:00 am we would load into the van, yes we were loaded otherwise too, to be transported back to the docks. We'd climb down into our dinghy's and drift under starlit skies back to our boats. The next morning we'd feel like shit…except for Phyllis and Not Phyllis because they didn't drink that much. Sometimes Not Phyllis didn't drink at all. Yet they danced and had more fun than the rest of us. They set my first examples of being able to go out and have a good time and not get drunk. The problem with me is I'm too much like the title of this blog. One or two is never enough. The truth is I drink to get drunk otherwise what is the purpose? That being said I'm waging an inner battle of whether to have a beer with my BBQ today. I've always had a beer with BBQ. Why? I don't even like it that much and I sure don't like the bloated feeling it gives me. So I think not…but I'll let you know.
So today I'm out there doing my best to not to have "too much" of anything and trying to remember drinking is "Better as a Memory".

No comments:

Post a Comment