Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Hey Lady, Can I Get You To Sign For This

Day 14. I’m just really not feeling the whole drunk blog today so I thought I’d share one of my humiliating experiences with you. This one is without any alcohol added. Yes, I still manage to embarrass myself when I am stone cold sober.


It was a beautiful summer day and I was out pulling weeds in my front flowerbed. The cap’n had decided to run into town to run some errands. We have a gate at the end of our drive and he left it open since he would be back in a few minutes. As I said, it was a beautiful day, the sun was shining, and we’re pretty remote out here so I decided the sisters would like to catch a tan. I shucked my shirt and Floppy and her twin, Flappy, were unabashedly out for some fun in the sun. A little while later I heard a vehicle pull into our gravel drive. Thinking it was the cap’n returning, I didn’t even look up…until I heard a car door slam and Stanley the blind killer bichon start barking. Lo and behold, there parked in my drive was a FedEx truck. Yeah, that made for an awkward moment and a Floppy-Flappy dash to the front door. I’m sure the poor guy was scarred for life. I guess that’s just one of the not so perky perks of his job. LOL

So today I’m out there trying my best to laugh out loud at myself (not hard to do and beats the hell out of crying) and keeping an eye (and nothing else) out for strangers bearing gifts.

P.S. Maybe next week I’ll tell you about the time the Mormons wandered up the drive.

P.P.S. Sorry no pic for this one. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment