Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Homecoming




Come back to me with all your heart,

Don't let fear keep us apart.

Trees do bend, tho' straight and tall;

So must we to others' call
 
--From the hymn Hosea

Day 22

The computer gods are not happy with me today for some reason. It has taken a restart and another 20 minutes just to load Word this morning. I'm beginning to think that "Somebody" doesn't want me to write this blog. He's thrown in enough of life's little lessons this morning that I could write about but I've had this blog planned since yesterday and by God (are you listening?), I'm going to write it.

I got up this morning and I really didn't want to go for my walk or go to church. I just didn't have the time. I know what you're thinking, it's the same thing the cap'n is thinking when he gets home and asks me what I did all day. Well, I write this blog which takes a lot longer than it probably looks, I'm trying to write two different books at the same time (I'm daring to do that work to make my dreams happen), and then there are the message boards, let's not go there today, that's a whole 'nother blog. As I said, I already had my blog planned out and while I walked along the Pecos, watching the scattered raindrops dance on her surface I finalized it in my mind. And I told myself, if my walk took too long and I didn't make it to mass that was the way it was meant to be.

I made it to church with three minutes to spare. As I knelt down on the kneeler before mass started, I prayed, "I've already yakked your head off this morning, do you have anything you want to say? Anything you want to add to this blog?"

Before he could answer the priest entered and announced the entrance hymn, "Hosea".

"Oh good," I thought, "I know this one."

Then we hit the chorus,

"Long have I waited for your coming home to me,
And living deeply our new life."

 
There go those leaky eye faucets again. I couldn't make it through the rest of the song.

You know what? The blog I had planned can wait until tomorrow. This is enough for today.

So today I'm just out there doing my best not to ignore that gentle hand in the small of my back when it's trying to guide me where I should go and buying some new washers for my tear ducts. Nah, I kind of like them leaky.

No comments:

Post a Comment