Wednesday, August 3, 2011

If I Had A Hammer

Hope is the foundation to change, commitment is the framework, so get out your tools and start building and don't forget to wear your hardhat and steeltoe boots because your framework might collapse on you a few times and have to be rebuilt or reinforced but just keep trying until you get it right and it's strong enough to support your goals and most importantly, your dreams


Kary May

Day 29 Looks like I’m finally going to make that elusive 30

I am stiff and sore this morning. And exhausted. But I’m smiling. The last two days with my grandson and his idol, Uncle Josh, have been non-stop for me. Plus I have been busy trying to whip the house and yard back in shape for the next round of family, the cap’n’s son, his wife and 3 yr. old grandson, that will be here next week. So between cooking and cleaning and weeding and planting and mowing I’m reinforcing my framework, mentioned above, and tentatively starting to nail some goals and up to the skeleton of my new “real” life. They seem to be holding. The secret is to go slow and make sure my foundation is set and won’t sink and that my framework can hold all my goals and won’t crack under the strain. I need to remind myself I can always add on later on down the road. Of course, while I’m doing all this some rain and maybe some snow, depending on how long it’s going to take, is going to get in until my structure is strong enough to hold the roof of my dreams.

Yep, it’s going to take a while, and I’ll make some mistakes that I’ll have to redo, some problems that I’ll have to fix, some new skills I’ll have to learn, but in the end what a strong, safe, and wonderful shelter I’ll have.

So today I’m out there doing my best to hammer those nails straight and true and adding a few extra just in case.

P.S. I’d like to take all the credit for that gem of a quote above but I have to give credit to my Co-Writer. I just tap the keys on the keyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment