Monday, August 1, 2011

Another Day, Another Letter To Myself



"I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true.
I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have."

                                                                 Abraham Lincoln


Day 27 of abs


Good Morning Monday! It’s 7:00 am, my son and grandson are still sleeping, the house is quiet except for the birdsong I can hear through the windows and I’ve got cinnamon rolls rising in the kitchen. Life is just as it should be. I found this letter laying on my desk this morning, I haven’t seen it in months and I don’t know how it got there but I’m taking it as a sign that it should be my blog this morning. (Plus I can’t think of anything else to write about) I wish I could take credit for it but somebody else posted it on the list when I first joined and I grabbed on to it wholeheartedly with both hands. I apologize if I posted it before but you know how us drunks are, can’t remember a damn thing and I’m too lazy to look back through the blog. So don’t stop me if I’ve told you this one before…

Sweetheart,


Don’t worry, you’ll be okay


Slowing down is good


Wisdom simmers and steeps and grows with time


Stop pushing yourself




You are enough just as you are


There is no need to perform


Just relax


Let life unfold





You have what it takes to handle anything


Anything


Good things come from patience, not pushing


Let space and time reveal something miraculous
 

Trust life


Accept where you are


Right now


Stop the judgment and internal lectures





Just be here


Don’t run or think or eat or scheme (or in my case-drink ;)


Return to yourself in this moment.


Where life is perfect and peaceful and safe





Amen!



So today I’m out there doing my best ignore the “to do” list I just wrote out and slow down and savor this perfect, peaceful and safe day.

No comments:

Post a Comment