Friday, April 1, 2011

Kary May Signing In



All of my blogs so far have been written when I was sober or hungover, today I thought you should see the other side. I have been up since 4:30 am and have been drinking wine ever since. It is now 7:40 am and I'm already wondering how long this day can go on. I have great plans about this glass of wine being my last or sobering up and having friends over for dinner. Probably not going to happen. This glass of wine at my elbow makes me feel that all of this is okay. I love her and I hate her. I wish I could snap my fingers or waggle my nose and be sober, sip, sip. I will report tomorrow on how today went. Did I lay on the couch and read all day (my favorite fantasy) or did they prop me up somewhere beside a jukebox? There is a 7:00 pm (which in MX means it will start somewhere around 9:00 pm)soccer (futball) match between the kids in Chelem and our rivals in the next village, Puerto Chuburna. I probably won't make it. Even when I am completely sober I don't stay out after dark, especially down here where drunk Mexicans on tricyclatos could wander into your path. I do have to pat myself on the back that I was the only sober gringo at the last futball match. The others looked like they were having a lot more fun and in post photos I look like a haggard un-fun person among the merry-makersl
So today I'm out there doing my best to make this my last glass and thanking God for the Bk Sp and Delete buttons.

No comments:

Post a Comment