Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter

Yeah, I know I’m a day late but really every day is Easter.


I was up at 5:30 am this morning. Up in my tower with the lights off and a candle glowing, just waiting for the sun to come up. I could hear the waves breaking on the shore and a soft dawn breeze whispered over the rooftops of my sleepy village into the windows of my cupola (dome). It was simply perfect. Yesterday was a celebration of resurrection and rebirth, yet this morning with the dawn sky turning pink and the song of the birds welcoming the new day, I realized every day can be a celebration of my own resurrection. With every new day, every new minute, every new breath I have the amazing opportunity to change my life. It is my choice what I do with this opportunity. Do I ignore it? Do I squander it? Do I choose to make my life more difficult? Or do I choose to make my life what I want it to be, what I dream it could be. The choice seems so easy. So why is it so hard? When I’m drinking, alcohol steals those choices away from me. I may think I’m making my own decisions but I’m not. Alcohol always has its say. On day 9 of abstaining, I’m making my own choices. I’m looking to the future to what I want my life to be in 6 months, 1 year, 5 years….. and today I’m going to start making tracks towards that future. When I drink, alcohol fills my nights and days but when I’m not drinking there is a void, a space that is not filled. Instead of going back to drinking I think I’ll start filling that void with my dreams and fill my time with working toward those dreams. Here’s my list of dreams:

1. Write a book and have it published.

2. Have the means to live in both Mexico and Colorado and travel when I like.

3. Have close and loving relationships with my family.

4. Have a life filled with people I love and who love me.

That’s it. Although I already have the bottom two to a degree, there is always room for improvement and there is always room for more people to love. Now it’s time to make a game plan. I’ll keep you apprised of the steps I make towards these dreams and the outcomes. I challenge anyone reading this to do the same. Let’s go get our dreams.

Today I’m out there doing my best to turn my dreams into reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment