Thursday, August 19, 2010

Watch Out Day 5

As my dog would say yesterday was "ruff"! Shitty in more ways than one. I live at 10,600 feet and just returned home from working in the flatlands on Monday. Usually by day 5 or 6 after returning home I am so sick I think I'm dying. I've alway attributed this to my celebratory over drinking. But now I know there is a altitude component involved too and the drinking sure didn't help matters. So I was sick as a dog yesterday and then in the evening I received news that an old drinking "biddy" of mine had died. I admit it I poured a glass of red wine, stared at it, took a couple of sips and then threw it down the drain. Please don't throw me off the abstinence bus because of that digression, it wasn't worth it. Still feelling crappy In my drinking days I would have got up during the night and had a bottle wine to help me get to sleep and I'd be having a little bourbon in my Mountain Dew this morning just to make me feel "better". Most people have this misconception that drunks are drinking to get drunk, hell, most the time I was just drinking to get "normal". Day 5 here I come.

3 comments:

  1. Amen to that Kary, just like me. Today is day 8 for me.

    Johnny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kary, So true - I've wasted so much time drinking just to feel normal again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is another way. Quit. No more maintenance drinking. No more going over the line. No more guess work. You can predict how you're going to feel almost every day of your life. Normal.

    ReplyDelete