Monday, July 17, 2017

My Story-Sort Of



I could have written this story. I didn't, but I could have. I bet a lot of you could have too. Still miss drinking sometimes? Still get a little jealous and feel left out when you see pics of your old gang out wining and wining without you? Me, too.

Read it, we're not alone.

What's the Difference Between Being An Alcoholic and Just Really, Really Liking To Drink

I think, as this article points out, it's not about if you identify as an alcoholic or a party girl, it's about who you know yourself to be inside and becoming brave enough to become that person on the outside. I was never someone who could laugh about my drinking or the next morning stories of my inebriated exploits the night before. I was ashamed of that part of me, it wasn't who I was even if it was who I was being.

I tried to be ok with who I had become, but no matter how hard I told myself to relax and accept "me" as I was, "me" wouldn't let "me."

Thank you, Me!


3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting that article. I think this was me at a younger age, but I continued on to fully embrace the drinking path instead of quitting as this wise woman did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting that now there are many shades of gray on the use of alcohol. I love the question, not how much, but why.
    A friend just told me she had one glass of wine each night, but she was worried because in her mind she "needed It" to relax and sleep.
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the part that talks about - everyone's too much is different. I am tired of people telling me that I'm not that bad. I am bad enough for me. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete