Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Response to Comment From My Green Chip Blog

Arrgh!  For some reason blogger will not recognize me when I try to comment, something went haywire when I bought this new computer.  I wanted to make sure I got this response on here because I didn't want any more misunderstandings about my view of the lovely people that I choose to live among down here in Mexico.  Someone read my blog and thought I was being derogatory when I made the comment about Mexicans not getting in a hurry unless they are driving. Sorry, but for the most part, I have found that to be true.  I don't think that is a bad thing.  Here is my response that I have been trying to post for the last hour.  A Mexican would not be near as frustrated as I, because they would realize it is "no importante."

"I'm sorry that last sentence offended you.  Funny, I don't find it insulting in any way.  We could all learn a lot from the Mexicans' calmer, "slower" and more deliberate attitude toward life, it's one of the reasons I live down here.  If it was my reference about their enthusiastic driving "velocidad" that did injury, you need to come clock the traffic on the highway between Merida and Progreso. I will see you over at WFS, it's a great place."

2 comments:

  1. Kary May
    People need to relax. It was said in humor.
    No harm, no foul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for making it clear...in context the statement is understood. As for those who think one should just "relax." I absolutely appreciate humor, but I also believe that we have the freedom to question when something appears insensitive. Thank you Kary May for clarifying it. I hope you understand how often people say derogatory stereotypes about Mexicans and laziness that are not true. As you may have seen living among them. I truly appreciate you addressing it. See you in WFS...

    ReplyDelete