Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Stars Are In Alignment



Today I'm thankful for sober telephone conversations with my sons and a good supply of firewood.
Day 21 of abstinence has not yet dawned. 5:30 am and I'm up and outside with Mr. Stan to do his business. It's 34 degrees and I can smell the wood smoke from the fireplace. The sky is overflowing with stars and I am so glad to be out there and rested and well. Nothing big on the agenda today. I have a doctor appointment this morning, just a check-up. That was something else I put off when I was drinking, I was always afraid they'd palpate my liver and say, "What is the state of Texas doing in there?" So just a wonderful, normal day ahead. I feel lucky.
So today I'm out there doing my best to count my lucky stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment