Friday, June 1, 2012

On The Road Again

I forgot my sobriety calendar but I need to go recount anyway, I went to the WFS (Women For Sobriety) forum the other day and I have a ticker there and our day amount is not meshing.  Oh well, all that matters is that I'm still sober.  Amen

Took a road trip down memory lane yesterday.  We drove through Lamar Colorado and past the Cow Palace Inn where I spent my first honeymoon night some 32 years ago.  Last night we spent the night in Amarillo, TX where the cap'n and I were married 18.5 years ago.  Talk about destination weddings, huh?

 I have torn up some nights and the dance floor at the Caravan Bar and Cantina here in Amarillo wearing a green leather mini and vest and nothing underneath neither.  Stumbling back to my hotel and nodding at the security guard as I tripped past in my cowboy boots,

"G'evenin'  Occifer." Tipping my cowboy hat.

Oh Lord!

Anyway I still love country music, I couldn't listen to it after my divorce because every other song was about lying cheatin cheater' and hit a little too close to home.  And now every other song  and then some is about drinkin'.  I still listen because you may be able to change the radio station but you can't avoid life. Might as well face the music.

Some of those crooners are pretty smart, at least their lyricists are.



You ain't gotta dig too deep,
If you wanna find some dirt on me,
But I'm learning who you've been
Ain't who you gotta be.
Sammy Kershaw--Better Than I Used To Be
You step off the straight and narrow
And you don't know where you are
Use the needle of your compass
To sew up your broken heart
Ask directions from a genie
In a bottle of Jim Beam
And she lies to you
That's when you learn the truth
Rodney Atkins  "If You're Going Through Hell

You can't escape your past,
But you don't have to let it hold you prisoner.
Kary May--I Ain't No Song Writer



No comments:

Post a Comment