Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Flight Cancelled

So I'm sitting here in a Denver Hotel when I'm supposed to be landing in KC in about 30 minutes to help with the grandkids.  Oh well, the best laid plans of man.  The cap'n just took off driving for OK to work, he's been up fidgeting and pacing since 6:00 am, as if that changes anything.  He has to be at work down in OK late Thursday afternoon and he could have well waited another day to take off but he couldn't stand it.  And he was driving me crazy.

I'm supposed to be able to catch a flight at 4:00 pm, but it's doubtful.  That's ok.  I don't want no pilot flying when he shouldn't be, I'm more apt to say, "Are you sure you want to fly today? I can wait."

I can wait.  That's something new I've learned in conjunction with sobriety, or because of it.

Things will happen as they're supposed to happen as long as I don't muddle in and fuck'em up.

I'm warm, I have enough cash to raid the vending machine, and enough credit on my credit card for another night in a hotel, if need be.

And I'm not worried if the liquor stores are open, or how I'm going to get to one.

Every little things gonna be alright.

P.S. I'm at the airport now and I just finished an $8.00 Triple Dip Ben and Jerrys Mint Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream cone in a Chocolate Dipped with Sprinkles Waffle Cone and as I'm walking through the airport licking this thing, I'm wondering if a 51 year old chick can still manage to look obscene eating an ice cream cone.  I did notice one guy eyeing me, he was even drooling.  Of course, he was being pushed by airport personnel in a wheelchair. I think he was salivating over my cone.  lol  

Hey, at least it wasn't a mug of beer! 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you! I got a real good giggle! Just what I needed :) - I mean about the ice cream cone not that you're stuck at the airport! - sorry about that! Hang it. Love you're attitude about this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god, love this post. Love where you're at, not the airport persay but this wonderful place of perspective and appreciation for life.

    p.s. I want ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god Triple Dip Ben and Jerrys Mint Chocolate Chunk Ice Cream Cone in a Chocolate Dipped Sprikles Waffle Cone.....???!!! WTF?? When I take my special trip to America to meet you and Sherry I want one of those!!! Hope you are with the Grandkids now and having a nice family time xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you finally got to KC and that you're having a wonderful time.
    I have no doubt you looked obscenely gorgeous with your ice cream! Ben and Jerry know how to make a lady look GOOD! :) Yum!

    ReplyDelete