Thursday, August 25, 2016

I Had An Amazing Blog Written, But This Is Better

I'm lying, I didn't have an amazing blog planned. But a friend did share this link to an amazing article the other day and I thought I should share it with you. It really points out how we are bombarded constantly with in-your-face booze-it-up events. Booze has become the must-have accessory for every event in our life. We the sober are looked at with sympathetic eyes because we no longer imbibe in escaping from our lives.

Ah, my poor sisters, weep not for me, weep for yourselves. Life is so worth being here for.

http://qz.com/762868/giving-up-alcohol-opened-my-eyes-to-the-infuriating-truth-about-why-women-drink/

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I read this on FB!
    It's so true.
    I am not weeping today!
    I am happy and sober!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic essay, hilarious and spot on. Thanks for sharing it here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unrelated to the post above (which I did enjoy and shared with friends) I just want to say what a lovely, kind, inspirational and all round good person you are. You are so supportive to so many people and many many times your comments are so relateable and just what the blogger and reader need to hear. I just wanted to say thank you for being you because you deserve to know what a positive influence you have on people. Thanks for always being a cheerleader to everyone and making even the worst days seem bearable and forgiveable. You walk the walk not only talk the talk. Thank you for everything. From the bottom of my heart. Ginger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, you made my day. No, my week.
    That's what all of us are here for to keep the fire lit under those that are just starting out on this journey, in return, it keeps our own fire lit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great article! Now I don't drink I am becoming so, so aware of how alcohol infiltrates so many aspect of women's lives.

    ReplyDelete