Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Moderation Management Abs Chat Tonight

Hey all!

There was a discussion yesterday on Time and the Bottle on reaching out for additional help through online message boards and forums.  These venues were and continue to be an integral part of my journey.

I know I've mentioned several times that I am an active member of Moderation Management and it's sublist: mmabsers.  But I don't think I've ever mentioned that we have an abs chat every Wednesday night.  It's very informal and it's a great opportunity to get some real time support from people that have been sober for an extended period.  Stop on by and bounce your questions, fears, and problems off of them.

 I am facilitating the chat tonight and I'd love to see some new faces from the sober blogosphere!

9 PM Eastern, 8 Central, 7 Mountain, 6 Pacific
Abs Chat is focused on abstaining from alcohol—on a permanent basis,
long-term, or even for a shorter period of time (like a 30!).
Everyone is welcome to attend, and to participate, but we won't be
discussing moderation techniques or plans. For discussions of
moderate drinking, we invite you to participate in the Monday Night
Book Chat or the Tuesday Night Online Meeting.
So if you're abstaining, planning to, curious about it, wondering
whether it would be a good idea, or just want to hang out for sober
fun, stop by!
See you there! http://www.moderation.org/chat/
** PLEASE NOTE: Abs Chat will be held in the Abs Chatroom. When
logging in, use the drop-down box to select MM_Abs_Chat. If you wind
up in the wrong room, you can move between rooms by clicking on the
room list to the right of the chatroom screen. **

Other online forums include:





I am sure there are more out there, the important thing is that you find one that is a good fit for you.  The blogging world is populated with amazing and compassionate people.  But if you find, especially in times of weakness or crisis, that you need some real time support, you may find it at one of these online recovery communities.

Whatever it takes!!

2 comments:

  1. I became a member of MM just because I was curious about the idea of moderation. But I haven't logged back in since that first time, I suppose because moderation is not an option for me. Maybe though I should have another look? A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The subgroup of mmabsers is small and not as active, probably a half to a dozen people that post regularly. I still post regularly on the moderation board because really some of the struggles are the same and a large portion of the posts have to do with dealing with periods of abstaining. I like it because it is more active,and to tell you the truth, reading about their struggles to moderate and the hard work they do, reinforces my decision to abstain.

    ReplyDelete